Jemedari is a live hiphop artist, poet, 56Authentique Brand Ambassador and renaissance man. He also loves basketball and movies.
We asked him some questions and this is what he had to say.
1. What was your first phone?
My first was a Sony Ericsson T200. It was also loud and by most standards the gayest gadget I know.
2. What do you prefer? Facebook or Twitter? Why?
Facebook had me by the “cojones” back in the day! Everything was right there!! Now they have this timeline thing and it makes veterans like me look bad. So I am going with twitter. It definitely has opened my mind to a lot of new people and a whole new school of minds.
3. Where do you see yourself in 5 years
I have always wanted to start a green house. Control the supply of fresh vegetables and you shall control the world! (Insert Mojo Jojo laugh)
4. Any question for us? We’ll publish our answer as well
Do you guys think I have a shot with Janet Mbugua? And if she showed up for a date with her sorority, would you be my wing men?
- That’s up to Janet Mbugua, and yes being a wingman is one of the hidden advantages we offer when you answer our Q&A Monday questions. Its only valid for 2 months so get cracking!
5. What would you do if you were president for a day?
I would declare parliament a boarding facility, with dorms, and MPs have to ask for permission to go out. Its about time they started clocking actual hours based on what they are earning!
6. Whats your favorite book & movie?
My favorite movie will always be Fracture, Anthony Hopkins took me hostage for a whole 115 minutes!! Highlight of my movie watching life!
My favorite book, despite my “non-conformism”, is the Quran
7. Who/What inspired you to do what you do now?
A lot of my inspiration comes from the people and the events around me. Some great moments and people go by everyday, and I consider it an honor to put that into words and flesh out these experiences.
8. If you were to change jobs, what profession would you get into? Why?
If I had to take a different path, I would be in Somalia right now. Chief of Logistics and Operations, Kenya Armed Forces. (Got the title and everything). I have always wanted to join the army and excel at a specialized skill, but my genes fell short (pun intended)
9.If you had a superpower, what would it be?
Foresight! Considering some of the life choices I have made, it would be nice to know how things would play out in advance.
10. If you were deserted on an abandoned island what 5 things would you want to have?
- 7.62mm SVD Dragunov Sniper rifle
- A knife
- A pen (of course)
- A dictionary
- Drinking water
11. If you were a car, what car would you like to be? Why?
A Range Rover 4.6 HSE
Before all the pimping and the fancy gadgets, this car was and still is the face of determination. It knows its potential but is laid back and lets things play out. Will kick dirt if need be. It mirrors some of my thoughts.
12. If you could be in any band in the world, which one would you like to be in? Why?
Hiphop has never sounded as tight, as organized, as impeccable… on a live set! And my first hiphop experience was by The Roots, hence they are my S.I unit
13. In your opinion, what’s the future of Kenyan hiphop?
Kenyan hiphop has grown in leaps and bounds but a lot is still to be done to make it the market entity that it potentially is. But we are headed in the right direction. I think the net 3 years are the most important in getting off the crawling phase and into running the big leagues like in other countries
14.Share something interesting about yourself with our readers.
I am extremely long sighted. A very useless skill unless you want to snoop on the hot chic who is 2 seats in front of you in the matatu